Goldstar Chefs are regulated by the Office of the Immigration Services Commissioner (OISC) and authorised to give Level 1 immigration services and advice.
Our authorisation number is F201100296.
As we are primarily a specialist recruitment services business we limit immigration services to Tier 2 & Tier 5 Sponsor Licensing and Tier 2 (General) and Tier 5 Entry and Leave to Remain applications that are in conjunction with our recruitment services.
We are obliged to act lawfully and competently according to OISC 2016 Code of Standards.
In general this means the following
- We must always act in accordance with UK law and within OISC authorisation level
- We will not enter into a case that has absolutely no merit or feasibility within the rules.
- As an organisation and authorised advisers we must remain fit and competent within our authorised level
- When giving immigration advice or immigration services our organisation and its advisers must act competently
- We must be able to demonstrate compliance with the Commissioner’s Continuing Professional Development requirements
- Our advisor or advisers must clearly identify themselves when giving immigration advice or immigration services
- We must not take advantage of a client’s or a prospective client’s vulnerability nor mislead them in any way
- We must always act in our clients’ best interests subject to regulatory and legal requirements.
- As far as reasonably practicable we must satisfy ourselves that documents supplied to support of an application are genuine.
- We must treat clients fairly and without prejudice or bias, and have a written equality and diversity policy that meets current statutory requirements.
- As an organisation with a policy of offering immigration advice or immigration services only to specific client groups we must make this publicly clear
- We must ensure our online information clearly explains what immigration advice or immigration services we are authorised to provide, the generally expected timeframes for delivery of such work and any associated costs.
- We must have a clear and prominent statement on our website that we comply with current regulations including any cooling-off period to which our clients are entitled.
In addition to aforementioned we are obliged under OISC regulations to state the following;
Who will be dealing with applications?
Hans Raj Ram, CEO of Goldstar Chefs is the OISC authorised and regulated company official to impart Level 1 immigration legal advice. Our Director of Operations Harmesh Kaur will be your principle contact and will be reporting progress. A senior member of our casework team will be processing your application under supervision of Hans Raj Ram.
Office and Opening times
We are based in London, Birmingham and Glasgow. Our Head Office and UK admin office is 1 Woodside Terrace, Charing Cross, Glasgow G3 7UY and is where your application is processed.
Our normal office hours are from 9am to 6pm Monday to Friday. We are available outside office hours up to 9pm including throughout Saturdays and Sundays. Our admin office telephone number is 0141 353 3838, outside office hours contact can also be made at this number. This is also our emergency number.
Our legal service charge for Tier 2 visa application processing and submission on basis of standard or 10 day premium Tier 2 application is £900 for main applicant, and £350 for a dependant. This fee is where a case is processed within standard time scale of 10 days from notification.
An additional charge of £350 will apply in the case of urgent same or next day treatment for main applicant and up to 2 dependants. Additional charge for urgent same day or 24 hours treatment for third or more dependant is £150 per dependant
An additional fee of £660 is applicable for same day legal representative submission at any PEO throughout UK.
Please note the aforementioned amounts do not include Home Office fees. Our fee is applicable irrespective of the outcome.
Please note additional sponsor related charges for drafting Certificate of Sponsorship (CoS) and for HR system provision / update may also apply if sponsor stipulates this to be paid by the sponsored migrant. Please also note a separate recruitment fee applies where recruitment / placement services have been provided
You will receive a detailed summary and total of both legal and non legal recruitment and sponsor related fees and charges, plus Home Office fees, prior to commencement of your case.
Please note Goldstar Chefs professional fees and charges are inclusive of VAT (VAT No. 115 6238 31).
Cooling off period
Upon receiving payment and /or instruction to proceed with your case we will await a period of 3 working days before acting to allow you to change your mind and receive your money back. Any prior work carried out in advance may be subject to a fair and reasonable charge. In the case of urgent treatment this will be one working day unless you wish to waive this.
Free help and assistance
We are obliged to make you aware that organisations such as Citizens Advice Bureau and Law Centre can provide you with advice and representation in immigration matters free of charge. If you wish to consult them their number can be found online.
Outcome of your application
We will endeavour to achieve a favourable outcome of your application. However success is not guaranteed and the outcome is dependent upon the factual merit of your case. We do not operate on a “no win no fee basis”.
Report of progress
We will update you by telephone or in writing with progress on your case regularly at least every four weeks and we will always try to keep you informed of any unexpected delays or changes in the character of the case work. You may within reason request a progress report at any time, however we cannot facilitate overly frequent and persistent telephone or text message contact. Your request(s) must therefore be made by email or letter only.
How long will it take to conclude your application?
We are unable to give you an exact time in which your case will be concluded. The time taken varies depending upon your case its complexity. You should be aware that the Home Office decide on cases according to their own time scales over which we have no control.
Equality and diversity
We are committed to promoting equality and diversity in all of our dealings with clients, third parties and employees. Please contact us if you would like a copy of our equality and diversity policy.
We are committed to high quality professional practice and client care. If you are uncertain or dissatisfied about anything please tell us about it without delay. This will help us to quickly help you and resolve the cause of your discontent. This will also serve to help improve our practises and standards if and where required.
If you are unhappy about anything please email me on firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also write to us at Goldstar Chefs, 1 Woodside Terrace, Charing Cross, Glasgow G3 7UY.
Our complaints procedure
If you have a complaint, please contact us with the details. If we have to change any of the timescales set out below we will let you know. The following is the complaint procedure.
- Within 3 days of receiving your complaint we will write to you acknowledge and ask you for confirmation or further explanation of the details. We will suggest that we meet in person to do so.
- We will then record your complaint in our central register and open a file for your complaint and investigate accordingly. We estimate this to take 7 to 10 days.
- Within 10 days thereafter we will contact you and propose to meet to resolve the complaint. We will write to you in advance to inform you of agenda of discussion and forward action(s) proposed. Where appropriate and if justified we will offer an apology, a reduction of charges or reimbursement of any monies paid. We will allow up to 30 days after proposal for you to accept settlement of complaint. Our aim is resolve complaints within an overall time period of 60 days.
- Please note our aim is to deal with any genuine compliant or grievance honourably and respectfully as in the aforementioned. It is therefore in your interests to carefully note and understand all of the client care due diligence we have laid out. Any complaint or grievance is expected to be reasonable and based on genuine cause and not be opportunistically contrived or conspired.
- Alternatively, you are free to complain directly to the OISC, who regulate all Immigration Advisors by completing the OISC complaints form. This form is available in a range of languages on the website www.oisc.gov.uk office of any regulated adviser or community advisory organisations. You can also make your complain in person to the OISC office, on 5th Floor, 21 Bloomsbury Street, London, WC1B 3HF or by email at email@example.com. Telephone: 0345 000 0046 Fax: 020 7211 1553 Website: www.oisc.gov.uk
We are duty bound to keep your affairs confidential. We are aware that breach of confidentiality can result in disciplinary action by regulatory authorities. Duty of confidentiality applies to information about your case and its circumstances. It is likely that during the progress of your case work information may have to be disclosed to legal third parties. We will only disclose such information having discussed the matter with you and having obtained your consent or where we are under professional obligation to do so.
Inspection of files and quality standards
The Office of The Immigration Services Commissioner may need to access your file whilst checking our competence. The OISC does not require permission to inspect our client files. Please be assured that they will maintain your confidentiality at all times.
Transfer of file
If you wish to instruct other Firms to deal with your matter we will transfer your file to another adviser but you will still be required to pay any outstanding fees due to us. We will however release your file if you have not as yet paid us. Please note we may have to resort to litigation to recover our fees should you refuse to pay.
We maintain professional indemnity insurance cover.
Papers held by us and document custody
On completion of application we will return your original documents to you unless otherwise agreed. We will undertake to retain files for at least six years in line with Commissioners Code of Standards. We reserve the right to destroy files without further reference to you after retention beyond the period stated above.
To enable us to provide you with an efficient service you are committing yourself to ensure that:
- You always keep us updated whenever any of your contact details change
- You will provide us with clear, timely and accurate instructions.
- You will provide all documentation required to commence your casework in a timely manner.
- You will safeguard and provide any documents which are likely to be required in the course of your casework
Notice to Tier 2 sponsors – Sponsor Licence Level 1 user policy.
Please note Goldstar Chefs have a strict policy of NOT asking sponsors to disclose their ID & password, nor will we accept and use if offered. Please note it is unlawful to disclose your sponsor access details. When having lawful access to Sponsor Management System (SMS) we only exercise this upon sponsor’s written confirmation or consent. To clarify, we do NOT assign Certificate of Sponsorship (CoS) nor engage in any SMS activity without sponsors prior knowledge or consent.
Please also note we always ensure our sponsor clients have Level 1 access upon granting of sponsor licence. Many legal practitioners and representatives purposely restrict Level 1 access to themselves to ensure your reliance on them, and mislead sponsors into thinking only they have the ability and authority to conduct necessary usage. Please note this is NOT our policy. If you’re an existing sponsor licence holder with no independent access to your Sponsor Licence Management System please contact us and we will help you set up own access FREE OF CHARGE and with no ongoing cost implication.